1. What can I expect when working with you? I will be available to answer your questions. I will make you laugh. I will get totally excited about all the details of your day. I will be your guide through this crazy process and exhilarating day. I will be polite and patient with everyone. Your mom will like me, even if she doesn’t like anyone. I will be calm and help you stay calm. I will get choked up along with you. I will be here when you get back from your honeymoon. I will remember your anniversary. I will be thrilled to photograph your baby bump. I will fall in love photographing your babies…. and so on, and so on.
2. What is your turnaround time? I go through an extensive editing process to give you a final set that is the highest quality. Typically, weddings can be viewed online within 6-8 weeks from your wedding day.
3. When should we do our engagement session and where should we do it? I want the location you choose for your engagement session to be special for you.. here is some questions I typically ask my bride and groom:
What do you guys do together for fun? (e.g… biking, hiking, hanging out at the local pub, antiquing, playing football, playing video games, going to museums, wine tasting.. etc)
Where did you meet?
Where did you go on your first date?
Where did he/she propose?
Is there a special spot that you like to go for picnics, walks or just to sit and watch the sunset?
Do you have any pets you want to include in the shoot?
I like to split engagement sessions into 2 parts.. a park or urban setting and then a sunset setting. We can also grab a bite to eat afterwards if you have time :).
4. How many photos do you shoot? A typical 8 hour wedding yields approximately 600-800 images. A typical portrait session yields approximately 80 – 150 photos.
5. Can other people take photos while Annie is taking photos? I prefer if guests refrain from taking snapshots during any posed shots. The other cameras flash may affect my photos or may distract the people in the photo to look another way. As a general rule, I do not allow guests to shadow us on weddings. If you have a friend or family member who is a photographer or aspiring photographer and wants to shoot, please discuss it with me at least 2 weeks before the wedding so agreements and ground rules can be made.